March 9, 2009

Spectacular Sin?


If you want to read a book that will help you appreciate and delight in the sovereignty of God over everything (and especially if you don't), including the myriad evil in this world, I suggest you read one of John Piper's most recent books, Spectacular Sins and their Global Purpose in the Glory of Christ. Don't let the title daunt you. It is not a difficult read. In fact, I had it done in about 4 days. And all the time spent reading it was worth it. Rarely have I seen more clearly the glory of Christ in the worst of circumstances and the purpose of God in the most senseless of activities.
I thank God for this book and I thank John Piper for accepting God's call to write it. I recommend it to you with no reservations. Please consider taking a weekend to read this book. I promise you won't be disappointed.

0 comments:

ShareThis

 

© 2009Mind in Renewal | by TNB