March 13, 2009

The Shack


Though I've wanted to refrain on commenting on this issue, the book The Shack by William P. Young has caused loads of controversy throughout this country and others. Though I do believe there are things that seem good in this book, the negative and misleading aspects of the book outweigh any good that it is worth. However, I realize that there are some who will disagree with me on this who I might sincerely agree with on more important issues.


For those who want to know more about this book and its author, Kendall Adams has done a helpful interview with Young. It seems that Young knows less of what he's talking about than he should and his answers are a little hard to understand. Also, he flatly denies substitutionary atonement which is disheartening, but I encourage anyone interested to listen to this interview. I just pray that maybe Young would grow some in certain areas and that Christians who disagree with him will be patient and gracious and listen carefully to what he and others like him would have to say. We do not have to settle for anything less than the truth, but we can patiently discuss the issues in this book with those people in the hope of helping them further understand the grace of God.

0 comments:

ShareThis

 

© 2009Mind in Renewal | by TNB