August 25, 2010

A New Season

For those of you reading this blog that might not know, last Wednesday I officially became a college student, and entered a new season of life. On the front in of this new change, I would like to tell you that God has certainly pressed a couple things on my heart.

The first is this, that I am to use my time right now for God's glory and according to His will. Though I do plan on going to seminary after college and becoming a pastor at some point after that, I cannot live as if my life and ministry will not start until then. What a horrible thing it would be to waste this college experience when there is so much to do. Instead, by God's grace, and as much as I am able, I intend to spread the Gospel, learn from the Word and others, encourage other believers, and continue to grow in living out a life that is pleasing to Him. This is where God wants me to be right now.

The second thing that God is really pressing on my heart is the need to be bold in spreading His name anywhere I go. There are so many people who need to hear the Gospel. My prayer is that God would help me to make the most of every opportunity (Ephesians 5:15-16) and that I would be able to say, with Paul that "I am not ashamed of the Gospel" (Romans 1:16).

I just pray that, in the end, my time here is glorifying to God. Soli Deo Gloria.

1 comments:

Unc S said...

Amen, Daniel! Unc S

ShareThis

 

© 2009Mind in Renewal | by TNB